So, today I was talking to my friend and I told her that I either need to get a degree in psychology or start a blog. Since I am so tired of school I decided to try blogging. I named it this because I often talk to my close knit of friends, family, and co-workers about relationships and feelings and all that mushy stuff and I realized that what I think "is" is really all just a big misunderstanding. What makes perfect sense to me is senseless to others and it is entertaining to say the least, hence the blog.
First Topic: Summertime Relationships
So my theory is in Cleveland we have such a condensed summer that we tend to "act out". This morning over coffee I tried to explain this to my co-worker to no avail. The summers here are beautiful but last all of three minutes. No one wants to be couped up in the house twiddling their thumbs watching Lifetime when we can be out by the lake enjoying life, partying, enjoying family, meeting new people, and exploring new places. Not to say that this can not happen in the other three seasons that Cleveland has (almost winter, winter, and the couple of days before summer), warm weather is just a better atmosphere for socializing which is why most people travel to warm weather places for vacations. Anyhoo, my point this morning was....Most people in relationship cheat during the summer months. Now let me first say that this is just an analysis from someone who has not cheated in years. I just like to believe that the summer evokes something inside of people who have been "faithful" all winter long doing all the "right things". These people think that they deserve a reward, and cheating is their gift to themselves. Granted a bona fide cheater is going to cheat winter, spring, summer, and fall and I will address this type of cheater in a later entry but for now I want to focus on the praise-seekers.
I won't go to much in depth with our conversation but I was talking to a friend and I asked, "how would you feel if your significant other cheated on you?" and the response was, "I don't think about it because I don't think it would ever happen and if it did I would be proud of him/her." So in essence it is not reward enough to know that you are loved unconditionally but you have to be rewarded for your commitment during the slow period (winter) by having an affair/cheating during the busy period (summer) and to top it all off you would like it if your dedicated partner took a break too during the summer. See, it is all just a big misunderstand!
3 comments:
There is no misunderstanding for me.... A cheater will always be a cheater. I hope your friend has no aspiration for a life long trelationship ever. If you allow your mate to cheat "only in the summer" and that is acceptable for you, then you are just gullible. I guess it is also acceptable for your mate to bring diseases home also. That doesn't sound like such a good reward. Tell your friend that they need to get it together, get some self esteem, think more of themselves. No one deserved to be cheated on. Cheating is just an act of selfishness that will never go away.
Honestly, I think a man is going to cheat fall, winter, summer, spring, on vacation, chilling, just being sneaky in general..... I just think that summer season may make their tempatation worst, because you have these nasty women walking around with their butty hanging out of their shorts... So, for example: summer season they may cheat 10 times but winter 5 times. It is a no win situation, but as soon as we find out (via email, text message, and phone log) we (women) are insecure, HA!!! That’s funny. Being in a relationship is just hard because who do you trust?
Hmm....Interesting topic. Funny though, I think I have it figured out. I think that--as in nature-spring is the season for renewal and reproduction. Bees pollenate, birds make nests and lay eggs, buds on trees, and so on.....Once upon a time in my life, I realized a pattern in my long-time boyfriend. I hated the onset of Spring because I knew something was going to happen. He was going to start changing, hanging out more, I might get a call from a woman 'after' he was done with her....something was going to happen.--but that was for him. I don't think that every man is weak to the point that they must cheat...I think it's the weakness in a man (or a woman for that matter) that makes him succome to the act of cheating. What I think is that there is an increased drive and instead of working it out on who's at home, he just can't control himself. It's all about control!
Post a Comment