There was a time when I was so gullible and trusting. Life will make you stand on guard and question if the sky is blue on a sun shiny day...or is that men. Well either way I have been stripped of that blind happiness, that Walt Disney fairytale type bliss and now I have the worst trust issues.
I think this all started when I decided to venture into a "real" relationship. I thought, like most of us, you give what you would like to get in return. Karma was king; do unto others as you would wish that they do to you. Now I am beginning to see that it does not matter what you put out you will get what you got coming. The most important thing is to stop it from changing you. I am trying hard to stop the effects of mistreatment. You never want to feel like you are being spiteful because someone treated you like dog doo-doo.
The best response is to change your environment so that it fits with the type of person you are. If you are in an environment where cheating and lying is a way of life and you would rather play it straight and be truthful, don't change who you are just to play the part in this tragedy. Go find your romantic comedy and have a happy ending.
No comments:
Post a Comment