Friday, September 26, 2008

My Friend Wants to Know...

It has been awhile! Not on purpose did I neglect my blog but because of pure confusion. I guess I'm at the time in my life where nothing makes sense and everything is new. Still mildly confused, I decided to bring an issue to the table so I could stop it from tormenting me. I truly enjoy the wide array of different viewpoints; well not that wide since not many of you respond!

Anyhoo, My Friend Wants to Know.... if she sleeps with a man while she is pregnant, who is not the father of the child, is that wrong? I wish I could have finessed that better but it is what it is.

My personal take on the issue:

Deal with the situation you are in at the moment before moving on to someone else. If this is your way of dealing with the situation at the moment then be able to handle the repercussion of your actions. It is not always going to be an instance where, "I needed it at the moment and that was that" because what if you contract a STD? Pregnant women are more apt to have unprotected sex because of the obvious. What if you get back together with your baby's father? Can you deal with the constant reminder that you stepped out while you were pregnant and have him potentially questioning the paternity of your child? Or, what if you fall in love with the guy who was intended for entertainment purposes only?

The waters get soooooo muddy when taking this route but hey I have always been more cautious than I sometimes agree with! So if you choose to throw it all in the wind and let loose, than let loose. Just make sure you don't cause yourself more emotional harm for short term happiness.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Well, I guess it really depends on what is her purpose? If it's for a quick thrill, my response is this: it's not wrong if that is what turns her on and if she can handle the "just sex" syndrome. Safe sex must be a given for the love of herself and her baby. Personally, I think quick thrills are temporary solutions for greater underlying issues like low self esteem and self-hate. If she is seriously considering this guy for a life-long mate, then go ahead. BTW, guys say it's the BEST!!!!